Although I adhere to the SMART goal setting, you know, the goal setting in which you set goals that are
- Specific – your goal needs to be specific and include answers to what it is you want to accomplish
- Measurable – your goal needs to be measurable and include answers to questions such as how much? how many? etc.
- Attainable – your goal needs to be attainable, in other words your goal needs to be realistic. This is the area or point if you will that I’m amending a bit with this blog post.
- Relevant – choose a goal that matters. If it matters you will be better motivate to working towards actually achieving it.
- Time bound – a sense of urgency will force you or at least motivate you towards action steps to making your goal come to fruition.
I also find that in order to grow you sometimes need to set yourself a seemly impossible goal.
An impossible goal will force you to stretch yourself further and force you to dig down deeper to find resources and powers and creativity in yourself that you possibly didn’t even know you had. Going through the experience of an impossible goal achievement or at least attempt of achievement will help you grow. Chances are you probably tried this before, possibly without realizing it, cause if you have ever been in dire straights facing some really pressuring trouble then you more than likely were forced to dig down a bit further to find a way out or a way to a resolve to your situation. You probably didn’t really enjoy the experience because you were too focused on the pressure and stress caused by your situation, but in the process you more than likely grew. Grew your capacity and possibly grew your strength for facing similar situations. It’s like a muscle that gets stronger with use.
The great thing is that you can sometimes with benefit deliberately set yourself up with a goal that seemingly appears impossible. You never know – you may just actually achieve it anyhow and the process may actually inspire you and leave you exhilarated.
Choose a goal that encompasses something that you really would love to achieve even if it appears a little far fetched. Do this ever so often, but I suggest you focus on on single specif far fetched goal at the time. Once you have accomplished it (or indeed gotten as far as you can and must for now give up and move onto something else) then you can turn your attention to a new seemingly impossible goal.
Your goals can be anything, whether it is something physical, like lose a large amount of excess kilos in a very short period of time or run a marathon before the year is up. It can also be something financial. I often talk with people and converse with them about setting their yearly income as a target for becoming a monthly income. In other words that would be a 12 fold increase compared to their current income. To most people this would seem immensely impossible to achieve, yet I have met a numerous amount of people who have accomplished just that, or at least an 8-10 fold increase. Extraordinary and exponential results are very much possible, but we most often underestimate what we can accomplish.
And so what if you do not achieve that 12 fold increase in your income, if it only reaches an 8 or 10 fold increase, then for now, you will probably be able to appreciate the massive growth of your results.
Not stimulated or motivated by money? Not a problem. Perhaps your goal would be focused on achieving that degree you always wanted to get, or do that across the world travel. Or read more books. Your goals can be anything pretty much. The idea is just to stretch your goal beyond the just reachable. Try to expand your reach even further. Force yourself a little. Just with some of your goals for now. I believe, it is important to have success along your journey, so make sure you also have important goals that you actually will achieve. For those big seemingly impossible goals, you may wish to have small increments on the way to the end goal that you can surely reach some of, but which would still force you to try harder than you would without the goals set.
Finally, remember to enjoy the journey.
Chances are your have seen this one before – it does have about 28,7 million views at time of this posting – but I feel it is probably worth watching for you again. Not only can it serve as an inspiration to you and for you to go out and pursue your own dreams and to believe in yourself, but it can also serve to remind us never to judge a book just by its cover.
Now, the poster of the video has declined to possibility of embedding this video, so I can only post the link to youtube to the video and you will have to see it there. Enjoy:
It’s the NO’s that can often be much better than the YES’s.
Words of wisdom from Donald Trump.
We can all use a little bit of a motivational injection once in awhile or some sort of input that will inspire us. So I’m borrowing an idea that I was introduced to by a very talented and really accomplished young gentleman named Matt Morris, who had (perhaps still has) a weekly send out of something inspirational and motivational – He called it Motivational Monday. Matt Morris is, by the way the mastermind behind the book series called The Art & Science Of Success of which 4 volumes to date has been published and probably more will be in future.
You may also recall that I cowrote one of these books: The Art & Science Of Success, Vol 2
The book became a bestseller as soon as it was released.
To start my Motivational Monday series here is the first video. This one you may have seen before as they tend to circulate quite a bit, but it makes them none the less watchable. The video here shows amazing people doing amazing feats:
- Doing Something WorthwhileJune 10, 2016 - 9:43 am
- Getting Unstuck – Great Memorial Day OpportunityMay 30, 2016 - 12:28 pm
- It’s Memorial Day And A Good Time To ReflectMay 30, 2016 - 10:33 am
- VisioneerFebruary 23, 2016 - 10:52 am
- Project Baseline And Why It’s ImportantJanuary 29, 2016 - 5:00 pm
- Update On Project BaselineJanuary 27, 2016 - 5:07 pm
- Finally Freetrailer Makes A Move In The USJuly 31, 2015 - 8:31 pm
- Happy 4th Of JulyJuly 4, 2015 - 12:56 pm
- Now Also Publishing On MediumJuly 1, 2015 - 5:46 am
- Marketing Insights For FreeJune 28, 2015 - 4:39 pm
- Free Book On Marketing From Best Selling AuthorJune 26, 2015 - 8:13 am
- Walk The TalkJune 5, 2015 - 10:11 pm
- Building My Marketing CompanyJune 5, 2015 - 3:54 pm
- Why Google’s Latest Algorithm Change Is A Great Blessing In DisguiseMay 12, 2015 - 4:20 pm
- Mikkel Pitzner Speaks At Beyond Strategy’s WorkbenchMay 10, 2015 - 11:37 am
- Mobilegeddon Is Here – But Why Should You Care?May 6, 2015 - 10:21 am
- Freetrailer Enters The Norwegian MarketApril 17, 2015 - 10:08 am
- Mikkel Pitzner Adds Marketing Roadmap Certification Consultant To His Curriculum VitaeFebruary 2, 2015 - 8:48 am
- If You Always Do …January 29, 2015 - 12:22 pm
- A New Day – A New OpportunityJanuary 28, 2015 - 9:05 am
My Reading List
Please note this is not a list of my recommendations. When reading a lot of books, you are likely to come by some really good books, but also a number of really bad books.
This list is simply the list of the books I've read or am reading.
My Reading List
Enterprises Under Way
Start Up 2 UH (April 2015)
Start Up 3 KT (July 2016)
Other Previous Work
Budget Rent A Car Denmark
Herlufsholm Boarding School (kitchen)
TP (I really want this one to come into fruition, but I just do not have the time resources available to make it happen. I will revisit this one later)
IIEWF (this one is a possible and natural additional step to another project that I'm committed to in 2015. I will revisit this later when it makes sense and when there's a foundation to build upon)
Freetrailer USA (January 2015) -
Board Of Directors
Previous Boards Of Directors
Mikkel Pitzner A/S
Pitzner Auto A/S
Copenhagen Diamond Exchange
Katerina Pitzner By Invitation Only
Your Body Temple
The Only Business Book You'll Ever Need (2012)
The Success Secret (2012)
Marketing Miracles (2012)
The New Rules Of The Game (2012)
Mikkel Pitzner's Trade Secrets For Marketing Your Business Online (2012)
Masterminds's Insights To Business Success (2013)
Breaking Through (with Dr. Nido Qubein)(2014)
Successonomics (with Steve Forbes)(2014)
The Business Builder Playbook (with Frank Curtin)
Featured In & On
The Wall Street Journal
The Brian Tracy Show
The Secret Entourage
Money For Lunch
Fort Lauderdale Magazine
I got accused this evening that I always try to brainwash people. Well, damn right I try to https://t.co/QsoddqbLfY